Faculty`s History

Faculty with the longest history and the richest traditions among the faculties of Częstochowa University of Technology appeared at the same time as the high school in 1949 as a Faculty of Mechanics (later it became the Faculty of Engineering). Taking into account changing profile of education, emergence of new specializations as well as elimination of Informatics specialization, by the decision of the Minister of National Education in 2000, it was decided to give the Faculty name of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science. Since the beginning of its existence until today more than 5450 masters and engineers have graduated the Faculty. Till then, the faculty had produced 166 doctors of sciences and 16 candidates of technical sciences. In 1993 the Faculty took FEANI (Federation of European National Engineering Associations) accreditation, which allows graduates, in case of relevant registration of the diploma, to provide professional title of European Engineer EUR ING. Diploma EUR ING is honored in European Union and greatly facilitates employment abroad, without the need for nostrification of our higher education: nostrification of the diploma of our university isn`t necessary.

archive picture of Faculty

The main building of the Faculty renovated in 2012